Smile Apps - ReCharge Recurring Billing & Subscriptions
ReCharge is the most used recurring billing and subscription solution service in the Shopify app store. It is an application that allows merchants to sell physical products through a subscription service and set up recurring charges for their customers.
Starting on our Small Business plan, you can use the Smile.io and ReCharge integration!
- How Does It Work?
- Set Up The ReCharge Integration
- How Customers Will Claim Their ReCharge Coupon
- Be on the Smile.io Small Business Plan or above to access the Smile Apps & Integrations feature.
- You need a valid ReCharge API key - with access to 'read customers' and "read & write discounts".
- You must have products set up for subscription billing.
With our ReCharge integration, you can reward your customers for their recurring purchases. This integration allows customers to spend their earned points towards a discount on their next month's payment. Once you have installed the ReCharge app to your Shopify store and have set up your store, you can start rewarding your customers for their recurring orders!
- In the Smile.io admin, click on 'Apps & Integrations'.
- In the Apps & Integrations page, click on the 'Apps' tab.
- In the Apps page, find and click on the ReCharge integration, then click 'Instal'.
- In the ReCharge installation page, paste your ReCharge API key that you received from ReCharge.
- Once you have entered your API key, click 'Connect to ReCharge'.
Your next step is to create the ReCharge subscription coupon in the Smile.io admin:
- In the Smile.io admin, click on your 'Points' program.
- In your Points program dashboard, click on the 'Spending' tab.
- In the Spending page, click 'Add Rule'.
- Scroll down to find the ReCharge spending option. When you have found it, click on the 'Add Rule' button.
- In the coupon edit page, complete the available fields. When you are ready, click 'Create'.
You have the option to customize the reward even further by adding a unique name, details, and instructions, for your customers to see. You can also add an image to the reward to make it your own!
Your customers will need to do the following steps to claim their ReCharge subscription reward:
- Sign into their account at your store.
- Click on the Smile.io Launcher.
- When the pop-up appears, they will click the link that says, "See rewards you can earn". This will bring them to your Rewards page.
- They will then find the ReCharge subscription coupon option in the list of rewards that you offer in your program. When they have found it, they will click on the 'Redeem' button.
- As soon as they click Redeem, a coupon code will be presented to them. They will click 'Copy' to copy the coupon code (an email will also be sent to them with the coupon code for safe-keeping).
There are two ways that your customers can use the ReCharge coupon code:
- If they are a new customer, they can apply the coupon code in the checkout of a new subscription.
- They can click the button that says "Discount an existing subscription". This will bring them to a page that shows the customer's existing subscriptions, where they can add the coupon code.
Note: The API key will automatically generate a coupon code for subscription items only. However, if you sell non-subscription items, you will need to create a separate reward for your customers to use.