Smile Apps - Klaviyo
Klaviyo is an email marketing app that will help you target, personalize, and measure results for your online store.
The Smile Apps Klaviyo integration allows you to send email communication to your reward program members. The reward program information is pushed to Klaviyo to allow you to segment lists and include personalized values for each customer.
Starting on our Small Business plan, you can use the Smile.io and Klaviyo integration!
- Smile.io Information Synced to Klaviyo
- How to Install the Klaviyo Integration
- How to Create a "Program Members" Segment in Klaviyo
- How to Add Program Member Information in an Email Campaign
- Send Us Feedback!
Smile.io will sync the following information listed below:
- Points Balance
- Referral URL
- VIP Tier Name
- VIP Tier ID
Note: If a customer does not already exist in Klaviyo, they will be created by this integration.
- In your Smile.io admin, click on 'Apps & Integration'
- Click on the Klaviyo app and then click 'Install '.
- In the Klaviyo integration page, enter your Public API key and click 'Connect to Klaviyo'.
- If you don't have a key follow the link to Klaviyo's website to create an API key.
- After you have pasted your API key in you can start syncing Smile.io data to Klaviyo by clicking 'Sync'.
That's it! You have now installed the Klaviyo integration into Smile.io.
With this integration, you have the option to create a new segment in Klaviyo so that you can send targeted emails to your Smile.io program members.
- In the List & Segments section of Klaviyo, click on 'Create List/Segment' button found in the top right-hand corner.
- Click on the 'Segments' option to create a dynamic segment of customers.
- In the segment creation page, give your segment a name so that you can easily identify this group of customers.
- Under the segment name, click on 'Conditions based on' and select 'Properties about someone' from the drop-down options.
- Find the 'Smile Points Balance' (or Smile VIP Tier ID for VIP Tiers) option in the list of available dimensions.
- When you have found the Smile Points Balance dimension, click on the 'String' button found on the right-hand side to change the String to a 'Number'.
- Select the 'Equals' button found next to the Smile Points Balance dimension and select 'Is greater than' and enter a '1' in the field. This will create a segment of all of your customers that have 1 or more points in your rewards program.
- When you are satisfied, click 'Create Segment'.
When you create a new email campaign in Klaviyo, you have the option to add your program member information into your campaign.
- In your email campaign template, select a text box to edit.
- In the text box editor, click on 'Insert Property' to select a property to add to your email campaign.
- In the drop-down options, you will see the reward program information that was synced using the Smile.io integration.
- When you have selected the reward program information that you would like to add, you can proceed with creating the rest of your email campaign.
If you have any other suggestions on information that you would like to sync with Klaviyo, please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why this information is important for your rewards program.
Click here to learn more about Smile Apps.