Smile Apps - MailChimp
MailChimp is an email marketing app that allows you to manage contacts, send emails, and track results for your online store.
The Smile Apps MailChimp integration allows you to sync your rewards program member information with your MailChimp account, segment your campaign lists based on rewards program information, and manage personalized information for each customer in your rewards program.
Starting on our Small Business plan, you can use the Smile.io and MailChimp integration!
- Smile.io Information Synced to MailChimp
- How to Install the MailChimp Integration
- How to Add a Campaign List in Smile.io
- How to Add Program Member Information in an Email Campaign
- Send Us Feedback!
Our MailChimp integration allows you to automatically sync the information listed below. This information will appear as merge tags in MailChimp.
- Customer's points balance
- Customer's referral URL
- VIP Tier name
- VIP Tier ID
Note: Changing the merge_field_tag will stop the data syncing. If a customer's email is not already in MailChimp, Smile.io will not create it.
- In your Smile.io admin, click on 'Apps & Integration'.
- Select the MailChimp app and then click 'Install'.
- Click on 'Connect to MailChimp' to log into your MailChimp account.
- When you have logged into your MailChimp account, it will bring you back to the Smile.io admin and you will be ready to start syncing your lists
That's it! You have now installed the MailChimp integration into Smile.io.
To start using the MailChimp integration, you will need to sync your rewards program data by selecting a MailChimp list that you want Smile.io data to appear in.
Click here to learn more about creating a new list in MailChimp.
When you have created a list that you want to sync for your rewards program, click the dropdown to select a list and click 'Sync List' to start the sync.
When you create a new email campaign in MailChimp, you have the option to add your program member information into your campaign.
- Select a text box in your email campaign template.
- In the text box editor, click on 'Merge Tags' to select a tag to add to your email campaign.
- In the drop-down options, you will see the reward program information that was synced using the Smile.io integration.
- When you have selected the reward program information that you would like to add, you can proceed with creating the rest of your email campaign.
Note: If you are sending a test email campaign, the merge tag may appear like, << Test Smile >>.
If you have any other suggestions on information that you would like to sync with MailChimp, please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why this information is important for your rewards program.
Click here to learn more about Smile Apps.